July 25, 2001
Well, here we are nine days since the last page. We attended another Renaissance Faire this past weekend -- Sherwood Robin Hood Days in Sherwood, Oregon.
Rather than devote an entire page to it here, you can just click here and you'll be magically whisked away to the St. Wolfgang's site where there are two pages of pictures covering the event. Just use your "back" button to return here.
This page is a collection of unfinished business, as we transition from the making of the hard body parts to starting to put them all together in their final form.
1.Oh, what a lovely mess. Looks like its time to pick up (again). The big roll of stuff behind Steve's left shoulder is the sewable foam from which we will make the Sea Serpent.
2.Larry Adrian has been busy with the puppets for his Hans Christian Andersen show. Here we see them a lot more finished than in our last shots back on page 12.
3. Steve and Nancy went fabric shopping today. Here are some of the fabrics they bought, along with a few acessories. The heads and hands are laid in to get a preview of the final results.
4.Here, Steve is working on the lower jaw of the Sea Monster.
It will be made from cloth mache like the serpent head, but is movable, so it is made separately.
5. The Sea Monster head after its final smoothing. Tomorrow will begin the process of cloth mache, to which we will devote a separate page.
6. Medusa with her headdress of snakes taking shape.
7. Athena's Mask with her final paint job.
8. Poseidon's mask with his final paint job.